5-year-old girl saves blind grandmother from burning home
If you've ever wondered in school, "When am I ever going to use this in real life?" this 5-year-old girl in Kenner, Louisiana, will have an answer for you.
Cloe Woods led her grandmother to safety out of a burning home all thanks to a fire safety course she took at the Kenner Fire Department.
When the stove in her home caught on fire Wednesday morning, Woods ran to her blind grandmother's room and sprang into action, her mom Shone Arceneaux, said.
"She told my mom to hold her shoulder and that they had to get out of the house," Arceneaux told WLLTV.
See images of social reactions:
Thanks to this little girl paying attention in class a tragedy was avoided.
A true hero.
"Grandma, don't worry about your shoes, the house is on fire." 5-yr-old girl saves her blind grandma and family dog: https://t.co/7Y1htK5Q7r— Becky Schatz (@journalistabex) February 19, 2016
More on AOL.com:
The Department of Justice just filed a motion to compel Apple to work with the FBI
Ted Cruz thinks 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson would make a great UN Ambassador
Oregon is set to be the state with the highest minimum wage