7 beauty items every woman needs in her work bag
Is your work bag overstuffed or just a little too heavy? It is time to take inventory and only keep the essentials you really need.
There are a few mistakes you may be making when packing up your work bag. Many women carry loads of items they rarely use, from nail polish to makeup mirrors to eye shadow palettes. Still, others carry products that are just too large for how often they're used or too likely to spill.
SEE ALSO: 10 best carry-on roller bags to make travel easier (and more fun)
It's also common to accumulate too many of the same product over time. If you dump out your bag, you might be surprised to find five different lip balms. So if you want to keep your bag clean and light on your shoulder, you'll want to follow the list below.
These key beauty items will keep you looking and feeling fabulous, from your desk to dinner.
Here's what you really need in your work bag:
- These travel-size towelettes remove makeup and cleanse skin before you leave the office to keep skin refreshed and feeling great, even after a long day.
- Hand sanitizer is a necessity. These one-ounce antibacterial sprays will do the job, and they don't take up much space.
- You'll also want a refreshing breath spray for after lunch or before important meetings (we love this one).
- A roll-on perfume can be a lifesaver! These roller-balls are tiny, and you won't have to worry about spills in your bag.
- As far as makeup goes, always carry a travel-size mascara (try this or this) for last-minute touch-ups and to add a little more pop to your eyes before heading out of the office for dinner or drinks.
- Also, keep either a lip gloss (try this one) or lip liner (you'll love this one) in an eye-catching shade close at hand.
- Every modern gal should carry a portable charger. If you can splurge a bit, this purse can store several items, and it has a USB adapter, so you can charge your devices on the go. You're never fully dressed, without your tech!
RELATED: The 10 best-selling lipsticks of all time:
For more on the best-selling lipsticks of all time, read on here.