A unique man-made ice road serves as a makeshift market for locals in Siberia's freezing cold climate. Each winter the swamps of Yangutum are doused with water to create an ice road where merchants set up shop.
Locals live in their shacks each winter where they sell berries, fish and other goods to travelers.
Vendors stay until the warmer months when the road melts and becomes impassable. Click through above to see photos of the unique market and to read the captivating stories of its inhabitants.
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate hits pause — but still near 13-y…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- These pasta cupcakes are the ultimate savory dish
- Jump-start your morning with these delicious egg sandwich recipes
- Anxious Reddit parents wonder just how bad the baby formula shortage i…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!