15 actors prove that their lives aren't all glitz and glamour
Several actors and actresses took to Whisper, the popular app that provides an anonymous platform for people to share their most honest thoughts, to explain what really goes on when the curtain closes.
1. Playing around with the idea of identity is peaches and cream when you get that paycheck
2. Sitting next to a coworker you're not fond of is nothing compared to pretending to be in love with someone you hate
3. Some of your most vulnerable moments might turn into material for an artist
4. You shouldn't judge an actor so quickly just because you've never heard of him or her
5. Just because you love acting doesn't mean you love watching yourself act
6. Overcoming rejection is just par for the course for an actor
7. There's no commitment to one monotonous life for an actor
8. There's no wrong way to get discovered
9. Personal limitations often become professional ones for an actor
10. Waiting on the edge of your seat for something that may never come can be very nerve wracking
11. Are you really an actor if no one believes your portrayal?
12. Once you get cast as a character, it might be hard for fans to separate the real you from the person you play
13. You need lots of faith in order to fully commit yourself to 'making it' as an actor
14. When the spotlight's on, even the most awkward person might be a gifted performer
15. Separating yourself from the character you become in a script is the key to the craft
Want more confessions from actors and actresses? Check out Whisper!
Even the most acclaimed actors still struggle to find parts that are right for them:
More from Whisper:
14 women get real about what a surrogate pregnancy is really like
12 confessions from vegans might make you reconsider their lifestyle
10 reasons people truly love being single, even on Valentine's Day