10 reasons people truly love being single, even on Valentine's Day
Several people took to Whisper, the popular app that provides an anonymous platform for people to share their most honest thoughts, to explain why they have exactly zero qualms about being single on Valentine's Day.
1. What's the point of being in a relationship just for the sake of it?
2. You can really explore your options without feeling like you're betraying someone
3. If you're looking to eventually settle down, there's no use in missing out on getting to know yourself until that point
4. Who needs a partner when you have George Clooney?
5. Some people love feeling independent and not reliant on anyone else
6. Being single doesn't mean you're looking to be in a relationship
7. Can you really learn to love someone else before you know how to love yourself?
8. Being single is perfectly find while you wait for the person who changes your mind
9. Love often brings heartbreak, and several people try to avoid that altogether
10. You don't have to worry that your actions are negatively impacting someone else when you're single
11. Enjoying single life means that the person who you want to give it up for is very special
12. Because Netflix and chill and sweatpants is a lot easier
Want more confessions from singletons? Check out Whisper!
Valentine's Day is about love -- so love yourself on Sunday!
More from Whisper:
10 couples reveal the excitement and stress that goes into trying for a baby
14 confessions from models that debunk all myths about the modeling industry