Of all of the award shows that happen during award season, the Grammys provide perhaps the most unexpected red carpet looks. Music's biggest names aren't afraid to push the limits when it comes to their looks for the night, so it always provides for a visually interesting night.
READ MORE: Everything you need to know about the 2016 Grammys
So, as we look forward to the 2016 Grammy Awards on Monday night, we figured it would be a fantastic time to look back at what the red carpet looked like ten years ago in 2006.
It was the year that Green Day and U2 took home the night's top awards, John Legend won Best New Artist and Kelly Clarkon's "Since U Been Gone" won big.
The red carpet was all over the place: From black to gold to knee-length to cut-outs, the stars brought it all. Some stars (like Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles) were unrecognizable, while some look exactly the same (like Keith Urban).
Check out the gallery above to see all of the night's most notable looks.
RELATED:See photos from last year's Grammys red carpet:
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Mom desperately tries to figure out how she got her baby to sleep t…
- It’s easier than it looks to make yourself this fancy affogato dessert
- This tiny device keeps mosquitoes away all summer, and it’s on sale fo…
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…