Cocktail of the Week: Spiced Orange Merlot
It's Friday and let's face it, the only question we're currently asking ourselves is "where are the drinks?" From margaritas to wine, we can't wait to ditch our desks and head to the nearestcocktail, wherever that may be. So today, in honor of the upcoming weekend -- we've got a delicious cocktail just for you that is sure to wipe away all your workweek blues.
Allow us to introduce you to the Spiced Orange Merlot
Photo: Charlotte's Book
This Spiced Orange Merlot is an easy drink to make for a romantic evening next to the fire (hello, valentines!). Revisit this recipe over and over again throughout the chilly months to 'heat' things up until you usher in spring! Here's how to make it, thanks to Charlotte's Book.
- 1 bottle of Merlot
- 1/4 cup organic brown sugar
- 3/4 cup organic fresh squeezed orange juice or organic apple cider
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves or cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Cinnamon sticks for stirring
- Orange peel for garnish
- Mix together all ingredients in a medium saucepan and cover.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat for five minutes and then remove, allowing to cool a bit before drinking.
- Pour into mugs and add cinnamon sticks for flavor and orange peel for garnish
See more in food and drink:
Triple Berry Martini
Cranberry St. Germain Cocktail
Creamy tomoato soup