14 confessions from models that debunk all myths about the modeling industry
Several models took to Whisper, the popular app that provides an anonymous platform for people to share their most honest thoughts, to set straight the notoriety their industry has.
1. A purposeful poor diet and lack of exercise might be favored for the sake of a specific 'look'
2. Several agencies might put pressure on you to achieve a look that it hurts you to get to
3. The idea of beauty within many industries might be very warped
4. On the other hand, having a job that focuses on physique might be a great opportunity to get in shape
5. Eating and body image disorders aren't necessarily dependent on your employers' attitudes
6. Just because someone's a model doesn't mean that his or her lifestyle is one of struggle and strife
7. As long as you're substituting meals with healthy alternatives, the unusually busy lifestyle of a model isn't necessarily an unhealthy one
8. Even awareness of the unhealthy situation doesn't necessarily alleviate it
9. Prejudging models for the stereotype their industry holds could make them self-conscious about the way they look
10. Losing confidence without reason could not only lead to disorders, but also break one's spirit
11. Focusing nonstop on the way you look in comparison to others is enough to drive a person crazy
12. You should never feel guilty for a little bit of indulgence every once in a while
13. You should never feel obligated to comply with people who put your safety at risk
14. Unnatural and unhealthy substances are not worth it just to look the way others want you to
Want more confessions about the modeling industry? Check out Whisper!
Get some more insight into the pressures models face from one of Hollywood's it girls, Cara Delevingne:More from Whisper:
14 proud parents share how their children have changed them for the better
11 inspirational ex-smokers explain what helped them kick the bad habit
12 cringe-worthy confessions from cat ladies might turn you off cats forever