Not all celebrity relationships have fairytale endings and after Richard Gere and Cindy Crawford parted ways in 1995, she says he's more of a stranger to her than her ex-husband.
"We're friendly, but I think it's almost like he's gone back to being, like, "Richard Gere" again, like a stranger, because we don't really see each other that much," Crawford revealed in Marc Maron's podcast. "I was with Richard for like six years, but I was only married for two years."
The duo, who were actually married from 1991 to 1995, made waves when they first wed due to their 17-year age difference. At the time of their quickie Las Vegas nuptials, Crawford was only 25 and Gere was over 40.
"I think part of the problem in our relationship was that we were a lot of other things, but I don't know if we were ever friends - like peers, because I was young, and he was Richard Gere," she continued. "And then, as I started kind of growing up and growing into myself - it's hard to change the nature of a relationship once you're already in it."
This is the latest Crawford has dished on her famous ex. In September 2015, she told People magazine that she learned a lot from her famous husband about being a celebrity herself. "I learned about how to be famous. Again, that's not a universal lesson. And a lot of the personal things, everything else I learned from that, were for me."
That advice obviously came in handy since she went on to become a major household name.
The Latest from our Partners
- Refinance rates at 2.125% APR (15yr). Calculate your rate now
- A simple way to pay off your house ASAP
- Experts urge Americans to refinance in 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- This $23 noise machine on Amazon is a ‘lifesaver’ for peace and qui…
- These black faux leather leggings go with everything — and they’re und…
- Tiny Tech: This $40 portable wireless charger doubles as a phone stand
- An Insane card offering 0% interest until nearly 2021
- 7 outrageous credit cards if you have excellent credit
- Cards charging 0% interest until 2021
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…