14 proud parents share how their children have changed them for the better
Several proud parents took to Whisper, the popular app that provides an anonymous platform for people to share their most honest thoughts, to share the extent to which their children have changed them.
1. The intense love that comes with parenthood can take you by surprise
2. Somehow the evils of the world become more threatening when you have a child you want to keep safe
3. Who needs superheroes when we have parents?
4. The world seems just a tad more joyous after you have a blushing baby
5. The greater the risk, the better the payoff
6. People who are there for you even when your priorities change are the people you can really count on
7. Once you hear a giggle out of your child, all the hardship kind of fades away
8. The pride you have in your child is balanced with the sadness in watching them learn to care for themselves
9. It might be hard to remember a time before your life revolved around your kids
10. A whole new phase of your life starts up upon becoming a parent
11. Finding out you're pregnant without expecting it might be scary, but can be ultimately life-changing
12. You might realize how much you appreciate your parents until you become one yourself
13. Alone time is redefined when you're raising a family, and might make you reevaluate choices you made before becoming a parent
14. It's too bad no one pays you to be a parent Want more confessions from proud parents? Check out Whisper!
How do you raise your children? This new style of parenthood is trending right now:
More from Whisper:
11 inspirational ex-smokers explain what helped them kick the bad habit
12 cringe-worthy confessions from cat ladies might turn you off cats forever
11 die hard fans share why Peyton Manning is, and always will be, the best