According to a new survey, quarterbacks aren't the most attractive guys on the football field, contrary to popular belief.
"It's Tom Brady at the highest level, but it's also the good-looking high school kid who's dating the cheerleader," the executive editor of Sports Illustrated told Good Morning America.
SEE ALSO: Behold ancient high school yearbook photos of Super Bowl heroes
The executive editor of Sports Illustrated and a professor at Tufts University surveyed 100 people as part of their book, "This is Your Brain on Sports."
Using official media photos, researchers concealed the players' team names and asked participants to rate each player's attractiveness on a scale from 1 to 10.
Out of the three groups shown in the experiment -- quarterbacks, wide receivers and defensive backs -- quarterbacks, on average, got the lowest scores on attractiveness, while defensive backs got the highest.
Researchers even did the study two more times -- one time using NFL players again (but switching linebackers for defensive backs) and another time with college players. Same findings.
A few of the QBs deserve honorable mentions. Among their lowest-performing group, these three came in first: Alex Smith, Tom Brady and Ryan Tannehill.
RELATED: The 10 worst quarterbacks to win a Super Bowl
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- 5 easy bagel sandwiches to pack ahead of time
- TikTok users discovered a genius neck pillow on Amazon that makes slee…
- Start your day with a decadent bowl of pancake cereal
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate hits pause — but still near 13-y…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!