By: The Beauty Experts at L'Oréal Paris
Perfecting your beauty routine is both a science and an art. The most expert among us move like beauty ninjas, doubling down on multitasking products and hacking solutions to everyday beauty challenges. As true innovators, these experts will tell you to always think beyond a product's "how-to-use" directions. Here, we've rounded up some of the best unusual uses for what's already in your beauty bag to help you rethink your routine.
1. Set Your Manicure With Hairspray
Need a fast-dry fix to keep your nails looking flawless? Reach for the nearest can of hairspray. Spritzing an aerosol hairspray on just-manicured nails is a time-tested way to speed up the drying process without ruining your color's smooth finish.
2. Get Handy With Face Serums
We all spend so much time focusing our antiaging efforts on our faces that the rest of our bodies can get a little neglected. While antiaging face serums with SPF are a fitting foundation for your daily beauty routine, you can multitask those products by using them on your hands. The hands are actually the first part of the body to show signs of aging, so they'll benefit from both the hydrating oils and the SPF protection.
3. Condition Your Legs While Shaving
When skipping a shave isn't an option and you're out of shaving cream, reach for your rich, creamy conditioner -- the perfect substitute when you're in a pinch.
4. Smile With Your Eyes
Beauty insiders are quick to share their best defense against frown lines: eye cream. These super-concentrated formulas battle the fine lines that develop between your nose and the sides of your mouth.
5. Set Your Hair
Traveling and forgot to bring your favorite dry shampoo? No worries, because that translucent setting powder in your makeup bag can be used as an oil absorber. Just sprinkle a little in when your hair needs a pick-me-up to keep your strands looking fresh. Plus, the powder will give your hair some pumped-up volume. What's not to love?
More beauty inspiration:
4 perfect winter makeup palettes
How to find the perfect red lipstick for your skin tone
7 ways to wear pastels
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Your Best Refinance Rates for April 2021
- Thank You For Your Service: $0 Down Payment on VA Loans
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Transfer your debt to a card with 0% intro APR until 2022
- Score a $200 Sign Up Bonus fast with this card
- Our 2 Favorite Cards for Everyday Expenses