Since Santa can't gift a new set of peepers, people are turning to intense surgery - and even risking blindness - to get baby blues like Zooey Deschanel.
People in England are so upset with the color of their eyes, they're willing to lose sight over it. Doctors are seeing more and more people ask for "movie star eyes" which requires a pretty dangerous operation, called "iris implants."
At the top of the request list are the New Girl herself and Nicole Kidman.
Even with the growing demand for "iris implants," some doctors aren't willing to take the risk and say this is a trend to be avoided at all costs. They are, of course, on board with performing the operation for more practical reasons such as genuine medical issues.
Either way, doctors report some patients who've received the 15 minute procedure return complaining, having severely damaged their vision ... all in the name of vanity.
More from AOL.com:
4 money fears millennials face and how to conquer them
Cattle drive draws focus to Florida's cowboy history
Breastfeeding could save more than 800,000 children's lives a year
- Latest mortgage rates: A retreat for rates extends refinancing oppo…
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Refi Rates at 1.89% APR. Do you qualify?
- Make the Switch from a 30 to 15 Year Mortgage
- Your Best Refinance Rates for September 2021
- Learn how to turn regular kitchen sponges into a cute purse
- 5 of the best slow cookers on Amazon for making tender, hearty meals
- Amazon’s Blink Mini smart security camera is on sale for less than $25…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!