These cheesy firecracker chicken taquitos are full of crispy, spicy goodness!
If you're dying to try something new and creative for lunch, we've got just the thing for you! You see, we kind of have this obsession with taquitos and we can't shake it. From the crunchy outter shell, to the yummy meat-filled middle -- we simply can't get enough. Not to mention, the delicious variety of dipping sauces to take things up a notch.
Bottom line, we're always looking for a yummy spin on this classic dish, and today, we've found it. If you enjoy this meal as much as we do, then you're going to absolutely love this recipe. Cheesy firecracker baked chicken taquitos are the perfect healthy alternative to their store bought counterparts.
Photo: With Salt & Wit
Just look at that crispy, spicy, flavorful goodness! Take a peek below for the recipe from With Salt & Wit.
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- ½ cup whole kernel sweet corn
- ½ cup black beans
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 1 roasted poblano pepper, diced (or 1 4 oz can diced green chiles)
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 10 Small whole wheat flour tortillas (or white if you like those better)
- Avocado Ranch Dipping Sauce:
- ½ cup Sabra's Greek Style Ranch Dip
- ½ cup Sabra Guacamole
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease two large baking sheets generously with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the chicken, corn, black beans, tomatoes, poblano pepper, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Lay out a tortilla on a flat workspace. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture down the center of the tortilla. Then top with a bit of cheese.
- Roll up the tortilla to form the taquitos, then place it on the prepared baking sheet, seam-side down. Repeat with the remaining ingredients until all of your taquitos are prepared.
- Spray the top of each tortilla with baking spray (this will help crisp them up).Place in preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the tortillas are crispy. Serve immediately with the dipping sauce.
- Dipping Sauce: Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, add the ranch dip, almond milk and guacamole. Mix well and serve with taquitos.
Goat cheese and walnut toast is exactly what crunchy, creamy dreams are made of
An apple cinnamon french toast recipe for the most delicious brunch ever
Make this 30-minute turkey tetrazzini for a cozy date night in