Cocktail of the Week: Spiced pear gin fizz!
It's Friday and let's face it, the only question we're currently asking ourselves is "where are the drinks?" From margaritas to wine, we can't wait to ditch our desks and head to the nearest cocktail, wherever that may be. So today, in honor of the upcoming weekend -- we've got a delicious cocktail just for you that is sure to wipe away all your workweek blues.
Allow us to introduce you to the spiced pear gin fizz!
Photo: Jelly Toast
It makes for the perfect end to a long week and needless to say, it's delish! Here's how to make it, thanks to a little help from our friends at Jelly Toast.
- 2 ounces gin (I used Nolet's Dry Gin)
- 1 1/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 large egg white (or 1 ounce pasteurized liquid egg whites)
- 3/4 ounce Spiced Pear Simple Syrup
- 1-2 ounces club soda
- Star anise for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add gin, lemon juice, egg white, and Spiced Pear Simple Syrup (recipe) to cocktail shaker.
- Replace lid and shake for 15 seconds or until shaker becomes frosty.
- Strain into cocktail glass.
- Top with club soda, garnish with star anise, and serve.
More food and drink:
7 mouthwatering popcorn recipes
Creative ways to cook rice, our favorite pantry staple
An apple cinnamon french toast recipe