Healthy baked apple chips
Ok this almost doesn't count as a recipe because it's only ONE ingredient.
But sometimes the best recipes are the simple ones so I couldn't resist sharing with you. I was craving something crunchy but I wanted to keep it healthy so apple chips started calling my name!
If you have a dehydrator (oh, you fancy) then you could certainly use that but if you're like the rest of us, an oven will do just fine.
2 fuji, gala, or other red apple
1. Preheat the oven to 200
2. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray
3. Using a mandoline slicer, or sharp knife, slice the apples into very thin slices. If you want them super crispy, you want them to be about ⅛" thick. If you like them a little chewier, you can make them slightly thicker.
4. Spread onto a single layer and bake for 1 hour.
5. Flip the apples and continue to cook for 30 minutes to an hour, until crisp.
6. I tested it a few different ways and decided I liked it best after about an hour and a half when they still had a bit of chewiness. If you want them crispy, just bake until you get the crunch!
8. If you like a little cinnamon, add it right after you take them out of the oven!
Check out more healthy snacks from I Heart Vegetables:
Rosemary roasted almonds
"Cheesy" kale chips
3 ingredient breakfast cookies