If you're a Chipotle fan, or at least used to be one, then you've likely researched how to get the most food into that $7 burrito you're ordering. Yes, we know, asking for half of one meat and half of another will likely net you greater than a one-scoop portion.
In an effort to win back customers, Chipotle is offering double the scoops -- or possibly, free burritos.
SEE ALSO: The Onion has a new owner, and it's no joke
According to CNBC, Chipotle co-CEO Monty Moran said the chain is allowing stores to double the amount of free food they give away.
He wasn't specific on exactly what the free offerings will be. Some stores could offer free burritos while others might offer free chips or guacamole. Moran said the decisions will be made by individual store managers.
Chipotle has seen its stocks tank after a string of E. coli and norovirus outbreaks.
The chain is hoping this marketing campaign will help bring back customers. What better way to say sorry than with a free burrito?
More on AOL.com:
Coca-Cola just launched a massive new ad campaign to change the conversation around sugary drinks
McDonald's is getting cheaper -- and that should terrify Burger King and Wendy's
The 10 best big cities in the US to buy a home instead of rent
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Use The Equity In Your Home To Get The Cash You Need
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- The Painless Way To Earn Cash Back Every Day
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You
- Best Travel Credit Cards For Summer 2022