The top three banks made over $6 billion on ATM and overdraft fees last year.
That's according to SNL Financial and CNN Money.
SEE ALSO: The 10 best banks of 2016
Three banks were studied: JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America and Wells Fargo.
That's $25 for every adult.
They made $5.1 billion from overdraft fees alone.
The total average cost for using an ATM outside your network: $4.52.
Presidential candidates have recently taken up the issue.
"Can you at least just get back from them the $3 they charge us to get $20 out of the ATM machine?" asked "The Late Show" host Stephen Colbert.
"You know what we need to go after that, too — don't ya think? That's usurious," said presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.
"We must also cap ATM fees at $2. People should not have to pay a 10 percent fee for withdrawing $40 of their own money out of an ATM," said presidential candidate Bernie Sanders.
ATM fees have risen 4 percent in the past year.
More on AOL.com:
9 tax mistakes you should never make
Here's how much millennials are earning annually across the US
15 ways your office job is literally killing you
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out Of Pocket?
- Recalculate Your House Payment in Minutes
- Can You Save $23,000 By Refinancing Your Home?
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Mind-Blowing Cards for Those with Excellent Credit
- 6 Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards Of 2022
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap