The world lost a wonderful actor on Jan. 14, 2016: Alan Rickman.
The British actor, who passed away from cancer at the young age of 69, will be missed for many reasons -- his dry wit, incredible English humor, and most importantly for his ability to completely capture our attention on the big screen with his incredible performances.
Perhaps what is most interesting about Rickman's resume of roles is how broad it was. He played unassuming heroes in "Sense and Sensibility" and the "Harry Potter" franchises. He played villains in "Die Hard" and in a "Robin Hood" remake. He showcased his comedic chops in silly roles in "Bottle Shock" and "Truly, Madly, Deeply." And he handed us one of the most conflicted performances in rom-com history with his role in "Love Actually."
It's hard to deny that Rickman was one of the most legendary actors to come out of Britain. He'll be missed and remembered, always, on the big screen.
Take a deeper look at his incredible roles above.
PHOTOS: Alan Rickman's life in photos
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 1.98% APR (15 yr)
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Easy and healthy soup recipes that are warming up TikTok
- Only have $100? Grab these boots that are perfect for fall
- Enjoy some sweet nostalgia with these homemade cereal recipes
- Latest mortgage rates: A retreat for rates extends refinancing oppo…
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money