An apple cinnamon french toast recipe for the most delicious brunch ever
If you love brunching with friends and enjoy a delicious breakfast with the family -- there's one recipe you've simply got to try! It's no big secret that french toast is one of the yummiest foods to date, as the perfect mix of sweet and buttery. And the best part is, you can pretty much put anything you want on it!
Whether it's a handful of strawberries or a dash of Nutella -- it's so easy to dress up this dish and it's even easier to enjoy it. Let's be honest after all, if you're anything like us you probably devour your french toast quicker than you can say BRUNCH.
Today, we've got an absolutely delish french toast recipe that's going to blow you away. Say hello to apple cinnamon french toast!
Photo: Archana's Kitchen
Is your mouth watering yet? Yeah -- ours too. Here's how you can make it thanks to Archana's Kitchen!
Ingredients for the french toast:
- 4 thick slices of bread
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk at room temperature
- 1/4 cup fresh cream
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 apple, peeled and sliced
- 1 inch long cinnamon stick
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- To begin making Apple Cinnamon Apple Toast, whisk together all the ingredients mentioned under French Toast except bread and butter in a large mixing bowl. The mixture should be smooth and silky without any lumps in it.
- Dip each thick slice of bread in the egg mixture. Allow both sides of the slice to soak the mixture and be in it for 10 minutes. Once the slices have absorbed the liquid sufficiently, they are ready to be cooked.
- In the meantime, begin making the apple cinnamon topping for the French Toast. For this first heat a pan on medium heat and add one tablespoon of unsalted butter.
- Once the butter is warm, add the cinnamon stick and brown sugar. Stir continuously till the sugar melts completely and not to let it burn. At this stage, add sliced apple and saute until they are softened. The apple cinnamon mixture is now ready for the topping.
- Place a pan on medium heat and melt some butter in it. Once the butter is warm, place the bread slices in the pan. Cook each side for 3 minutes on medium heat,until it gets golden and crispy.
- Place the French Toast in a serving plate, top it with the apple cinnamon mixture and serve hot. Apple Cinnamon French toast can be enjoyed with variety of toppings like honey, fresh cream, nuts and chopped strawberries.
These mini avocado and hummus quesadillas make for the perfect party appetizer
This peppermint fudge recipe makes for the perfect holiday dessert
Heavenly brussels sprouts recipes that will turn you into a veggie lover