OnlyOnAOL: How to get Lady Gaga's Golden Globes red carpet look
BY MOLLY WINDING
For the 73rd Annual Golden Globe Awards, Lady Gaga rocked the old Hollywood glamour look, sporting a Marilyn Monroe-like hairstyle that left all of us dying to know how we could recreate it at home.
The singer, who won a Golden Globe at the awards show for her performance in American Horror Story: Hotel, could not have looked better in a custom black Versace gown, which perfectly complemented her voluminous blonde waves.
Celebrity hairstylist Frederic Aspiras shares how to get Gaga's red carpet hairstyle here, including the exact products he used to achieve her look:
1. Start with clean, towel-dried hair and apply KMS California TAMEFRIZZ smoothing lotion from root to tip. Comb through for even distribution.
2. Next, spray KMS California ADDVOLUME volumizing spray at the roots to create big, voluminous hair.
3. Give a light mist of KMS California FREESHAPE quick blow dry spray to reduce drying time and get a smooth, fly-away free result to your blow dry.
4. Next, section the hair for blow drying. Use a medium round brush, drying with an up-and-around movement to get full volume.
5. Using a 1-inch curling iron, take 1-inch sections of hair and curl the hair back and away from the face. Take a velcro roller and set each curl after using the curling iron, using only medium to small sized curlers. Allow rollers to set and cool, and remove after 15-20 minutes.
6. To finish, brush the hair our with a sable bristle brush. Use KMS California HAIRPLAY playable texture to spray waves and curls in place but still maintain a soft, bouncy look.
Sounds easy enough, right? We can't wait to try it out!
For the Golden Globe winner's makeup, her makeup artist, Sarah Tanno, used a combination of Lancome and Armani beauty products to create a look inspired by Sofia Loren.
"I wanted to do an exaggerated cat eye and change the shape of her eye," Tanno said. To do this, she used a white Lancome pencil on the inside to reshape the eye, taking it out past the corners of her eyes, and then she rimmed the eyes with a navy Lancome liner. She used an Armani eyeshadow palette to create a metallic blue, which she said, "gave it a little bit of a modern edge and made the eyes pop out a little bit more." After applying mascara, she added false mink lashes by Flutter.
"I wanted her skin to be really radiant and beautiful," the celebrity makeup artist said of Gaga's face makeup, "But it's sometimes hard on the red carpet because with HD television you have to find the perfect balance."
It's safe to say that the perfect balance was indeed achieved -- Tanno used Armani Maestro Glow foundation all over her skin, which she defined with Armani Maestro Liquid Summer foundation. Additionally, she used a Lancome foundation stick just on her T-zone.
For the lips, she lined them and then went with a Lancome matte lipstick mixed with a Lancome lip balm. "I didn't want the lip to stand out," she said, "I just wanted it to be kissable and natural."
The biggest thing about her makeup? The brows. Fans of American Horror Story: Hotel might know that the singer sported bleached brows all season long, so her bold brows at the awards show were definitely a welcome surprise. "Fans were so excited that she had eyebrows again," Tanno laughed. "I did an exaggerated Sofia Loren-style brow with Armani, and I pushed up every single hair so it looked really feathery and full."
Both Tanno and Aspiras did a fabulous job with Lady Gaga's look, so naturally we can't wait to see what they do for her next big event!
Want to try these looks for yourself? Click the links above to shop each of the products right here!
See more of the best hair and beauty from the 73rd Annual Golden Globe Awards:
More beauty tutorials:
How to master the half-up braided crown
How to look fresh after a workout without showering
How to get bombshell eyelashes that really pop