It's time to take a red carpet rewind ... to the Golden Globes in 2006.
While ten years doesn't seem like that far back in film and television history, a lot has changed since then from the fashion to who the Hollywood heavyweights were. The "Desperate Housewives" ruled the red carpet in glitzy dresses with deep plunging necklines and stars like Jessica Alba had barely made a mark on Hollywood. The then-24-year-old actress was sporting a short spunky 'do and was best known for her bit parts in rom-coms. Back then, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen still wore colors other than black, Anne Hathaway hadn't quite nailed her red carpet glamour yet, Fergie had dark brown hair, Alanis Morissette had bright blonde hair, Gwyneth Paltrow was pregnant, Katherine Heigl was a total "it girl" and more.
Red carpet couples were also widely different. Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe were still married, George Clooney was flying solo as the single silver fox everyone loved and Heidi Klum and Seal couldn't stop packing on the PDA.
Of course, some things also stayed the same. True to now, Diane Kruger back then had incredible taste, Lisa Rinna and Kate Beckinsale look like they haven't aged a day, and Patrick Dempsey was one of the most handsome guys at the show.
Over the past ten years, we've also lost some of the most beloved stars at that award show. Heath Ledger and Philip Seymour Hoffman both scooped up Golden Globe Awards in 2006 for their work in "Brokeback Mountain" and "Capote" respectively. Sadly, both stars passed away from drug overdoses.
Take a look back at some of the most memorable people to grace the 2006 red carpet at the Golden Globe Awards.
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Toddler goes viral for her adorable dancing skills: ‘This girl was …
- Dad-to-be faces backlash for reacting to wife’s dinnertime demands: ‘G…
- Very pregnant mom shares what it’s like getting ready for date night: …
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate hits pause — but still near 13-y…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise