Make this 30-minute turkey tetrazzini for a cozy date night in
If you love pasta and you love turkey, you're about to be absolutely obsessed with what we have for you today. We'll start off by saying that we recently found ourselves completely in awe of a recipe that just may officially hold the key our heart. We know that sounds a little dramatic, but once you see this sucker you'll fall head over heels too, trust us.
From the 30-minute cooking time to all the delicious ingredients, we wish we could make this every single day, to be honest. But before we draw this out any longer and make you far too anxious, allow us to introduce you to the turkey tetrazzini!
Photo: Savory Nothings
We know what you're thinking -- you need to take a moment to let it all soak in. If that isn't deliciousness, we don't know what is. And the best part is, it only takes 30 minutes to make! Here's how you make it, courtesy of Savory Nothings.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped onion (optional)
- 10 ounces sliced white button mushrooms
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2½ cups low-fat milk
- 12 ounces whole wheat spaghetti (uncooked)
- 2 cups cooked and shredded turkey (or rotisserie chicken)
- ½ cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Italian parsley, chopped (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large pot one medium-high heat. Add the onion (if using) and mushrooms and cook until starting to soften. This should take about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the chicken stock and milk into the pot, cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the spaghetti to the pot and cook until almost al-dente, about 10 minutes. Stir in the cooked turkey meat and finish cooking until the pasta is done.
- Take the pot off the heat, stir in the sour cream, butter and cheese. Serve immediately garnished with chopped parsley, if you like.
Click through below for more delicious recipes:
More yummy eats:
These mini avocado and hummus quesadillas make for the perfect party appetizer
This peppermint fudge recipe makes for the perfect holiday dessert
Heavenly brussels sprouts recipes that will turn you into a veggie lover