BY: GIBSON JOHNS
While being honored at the 81st Annual New York Film Critics Circle Awards on Monday night, both Kristen Stewart and Saoirse Ronan had the influential audience laughing.
SEE ALSO: 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show' renewed through 2020
Stewart was honored first for her quiet performance in "Clouds of Sils Maria." While accepting the award for Best Supporting Actress, which was presented to her by her "Still Alice" costar Julianne Moore, the actress alluded to her "Twilight" days when she quipped, "I've received a lot of MTV Popcorns and stuff like that."
Saoirse Ronan, whose breakout leading role in "Brooklyn" has garnered near universal critical acclaim, continued to capture the hearts of audiences around the country during her speech. The rising star revealed during her speech for the Best Actress honor -- which was presented to her by Liam Neeson -- that she lived in the Bronx until she moved to Ireland at the age of three.
See photos from the New York Film Critics Circle Awards 2016:
"'Saoirse from the Block' is what they called me," Ronan joked. "A lot like Miss Lopez, but with a little more attitude."
The hilarious allusion to Jennifer Lopez's hit song "Jenny From The Block" wasn't lost on most of the critics in the audience, who loved the light-hearted moment.
The ceremony, which was held at Tao Downtown in New York City, also honored "Carol" for Best Picture, Todd Haynes for Best Director for "Carol," Michael Keaton for Best Actor, Mark Rylance for Best Supporting Actor, Phyllis Nagy for Best Screenplay for "Carol," and "Inside Out" for Best Animated Film, among other awards.
See photos of Kristen Stewart from over the years:
More from AOL.com:
Chris Hemsworth blasted for dressing as Native American for New Year's Eve
Josh Duggar 'wasn't mentioned once' during family Christmas, source says
Ricky Martin posts poolside pic in barely-there speedo
The Latest from our Partners
- Mortgage rates drop once again, remaining below 3%
- Refi with no hidden fees/points - as low as 2.125% APR (15yr)
- Do this before your next mortgage payment (it's genius)
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- 4,800 Amazon shoppers swear by Bissell’s high-pressure surface clea…
- This sustainable skincare brand makes healthy products for you and the…
- DSW is offering up to 40 percent off on dozens of sneakers, with deals…
- An Insane card offering 0% interest until nearly 2021
- 7 outrageous credit cards if you have excellent credit
- Cards charging 0% interest until 2021
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…