Apparently, elk don't know much about being courteous or knocking before entering.
This elk, weighing an estimated 600 pounds, woke up a sleeping family in Idaho when it crashed through a window and into their basement.
SEE ALSO: Young boy finds 28-year-old message in a bottle
"To see, you know, a full-size elk standing in your downstairs living room when you get down there is something that you'd never expect," homeowner Matthew Siegel told KTVB.
In a post on Facebook, the Blaine County Sheriff's Office said it took hours to get the elk to leave.
A conservation officer said the elk got out uninjured -- but the basement will need a deep cleaning.
More on AOL.com:
Thanks to 3-D printing, this husky just got new legs
Is that a bear or a dog? Picture of animal stumps the Internet
Chinese woman dies of H5N6 bird flu, another woman critical
- Latest mortgage news: Rates retreat amid recession fears
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- These bike shorts are so comfortable, I want to wear them every sin…
- The Ostrich Chair may seem a little ridiculous, but TikTok is obsessed…
- 6 Nike sneakers to add to your closet for $100 or less
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!