By: The Beauty Experts at L'Oréal Paris
Whether you're a first-time gym-goer or you've secured permanent real estate at the 8 a.m. yoga class, you know that looking flawless during and after a tough workout is a real struggle. But, you're in luck, because we have five tricks that will make your workout beauty woes a thing of the past. Check out these must-try fitness beauty hacks.
1. Spritz Dry Shampoo Before You Begin Your Workout
Dry shampoo is the holy grail of post-workout products. What you may not know is that applying it before you sweat will actually enhance its effects. Massaging dry shampoo into your roots will prevent your strands from becoming completely saturated by absorbing the moisture as soon as it hits.
2. Prevent Smudged Mascara With Translucent Powder
Caked-on makeup is never a good idea -- it can clog pores and might even look a bit over-the-top. But because you never know who will be running on a neighboring treadmill, we're not suggesting you go makeup-free, either. Our advice: Keep it simple and smudge-proof. Eye-opening mascara won't look overdone and will keep your skin clear to sweat. Start with a few coats of waterproof mascara, then set your lashes with oil-absorbing translucent powder.
3. Use Hair Oil to Hydrate Strands During Your Workout
Hair oils are a great way to keep your strands shiny and healthy, but they can be a bit intimidating, especially for girls with thin hair who may fear an overly greasy end result. The sneaky way to get all the benefits without any of the worry: Slick your strands with hair oil prior to a long run or an intense class for maximum absorption (dry hair soaks up the first moisture it comes into contact with). Then, simply shampoo and rinse in your post-workout shower.
4. Swap Gym Towels for BYO Towelettes
To prevent breakouts, you'll want to cleanse skin before you hit the gym and then wipe away sweat as you move through your workout. We recommend using cleansing wipes -- which will help eliminate bacteria and keep your skin vibrant and refreshed -- instead of the provided towels.
5. Pack Double-Duty Products in Your Gym Bag
Easy-to-apply, multipurpose products are a gym-goer's best friend. Our must-have? A lip pen that doubles as cheek stain. Bright lips balanced with flushed cheeks is a look that's ideal for the office, running errands and even OK for happy hour. But, most important, it's the perfect way to trim time off your post-workout beauty routine.
- Latest mortgage news: Rates retreat a bit
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Your Best Refinance Rates for January 2022
- Mortgage Payoff Tactic Eliminates 15 Years of Payments
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Mom is shocked to discover Bonne Maman’s possible connection to the…
- I taste-tested 5 celebrity barbecue sauce recipes and one was a clear …
- Create a bougie spa bathroom on a budget with these affordable Amazon …
- Mind-Blowing Cards for Those with Excellent Credit
- 6 Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards Of 2022
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You