By JOHN DORN
The New York Giants have not made the playoffs since beating the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLVI, and have posted a 28-35 record since that season entering Sunday. At just 6-9 this season, and eliminated from postseason contention, rumors have swirled regarding Tom Coughlin's job security. But we now seem to have some concrete information.
According to FOX Sports' Jay Glazer, Coughlin -- who turns 70 in August -- and the Giants will mutually agree to part ways some time this week. The lead candidate to replace him is offensive coordinator Ben McAdoo, who the franchise brought in from Green Bay prior to the 2014 season.
SEE ALSO: Chip Kelly wants to stay in the NFL and everybody thinks it will be with the Titans
McAdoo was the Packers' quarterbacks coach in 2012 and 2013 -- he'd coached tight ends on Mike McCarthy's staff from 2006-2011.
"That's a long way away. This year, again, we're focused on Philadelphia," McAdoo said earlier in the week. "I'm not thinking about my future. That would be selfish. ""There are a lot of people in the building that are all working together and trying to get a win this week and for me to think about myself and the future, as far as that goes, I think would be selfish and short-sighed."
CBS Sports' Jason La Confora reported last week that New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton would be interested in the Giants' job opening. Payton served as offensive coordinator in New York from 2000-2002.
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- You've got thousands of reasons to refinance ($$$)
- Mortgage payoff tactic eliminates 15 years of payments
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- People swear by this eye cream for brightening dark circles: ‘No ne…
- Is this $300 ‘smart toaster’ really worth the hype? To find out, we tr…
- Amazing friend makes postpartum ‘padsicles’ for new mom
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!