Tempted by those low hotel prices but later shocked by the hidden fees after you check out? Well, Hilton Hotels and Resorts says it's going to try and change that.
Hilton is rolling out a new set of package perks, ranging from $25 to $35 a night based what you want. The upgrades include high-speed, in-room Wi-Fi, snacks, water, coffee, drink vouchers and more.
DoubleTree by Hilton announced its Little Extras Upgrades in early December, and a recent Los Angeles Timesarticle dives into the thinking behind the program.
A New York University professor told the outlet this gives the hotels a chance to collect extra revenue without making customers mad by sliding in extra fees they might not need.
Hotel rates have steadily increased over the past few years with Americans paying an average of $137 per night for rooms in 2014, according to Hotels.com. That's reportedly a 5 percent increase from the year before.
So next time you reach for that in-room water bottle, make sure it's on the upgrade list and won't cost you $5 for twisting off the cap.
More from AOL.com:
Giant squid drops by marina for Christmas
Couple spends $100,000 to have their dead dog cloned
Your driver's license might not get you through airport security
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out Of Pocket?
- Recalculate Your House Payment in Minutes
- Can You Save $23,000 By Refinancing Your Home?
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Mind-Blowing Cards for Those with Excellent Credit
- 6 Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards Of 2022
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap