A woman accused of living with her ex-husband's corpse for nine months will serve 60 days of community service.
Ila Solomon of Lafayette, Indiana, pleaded guilty to failure to report a dead body and unlawful disposition of a dead body.
Solomon told Newsy's partners at WRTV she was fulfilling her husband's last wish.
"I just think that somebody who did so much for the United States should have the death he wanted, that's all. He just wanted to be eaten by the birds to be part of the cycle of life," Solomon said.
She says her husband, Gerald Gavan, wanted to be part of a ritual from India where birds eat the human corpse.
More from AOL.com:
'Nebraska' actress Angela McEwan dies at 81
German politician gets 6 months of probation for sporting a Nazi tattoo
CBGB opens a restaurant at Newark Airport
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate edges up
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- 18 ways to embrace Barbiecore mania — for under $300
- Speech therapist is going viral for teaching little ones how to say no
- Pickles are having a moment, and pickle lovers will relish these recip…
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!