A woman accused of living with her ex-husband's corpse for nine months will serve 60 days of community service.
Ila Solomon of Lafayette, Indiana, pleaded guilty to failure to report a dead body and unlawful disposition of a dead body.
Solomon told Newsy's partners at WRTV she was fulfilling her husband's last wish.
"I just think that somebody who did so much for the United States should have the death he wanted, that's all. He just wanted to be eaten by the birds to be part of the cycle of life," Solomon said.
She says her husband, Gerald Gavan, wanted to be part of a ritual from India where birds eat the human corpse.
More from AOL.com:
'Nebraska' actress Angela McEwan dies at 81
German politician gets 6 months of probation for sporting a Nazi tattoo
CBGB opens a restaurant at Newark Airport
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- 5 seriously yummy waffle sandwiches on TikTok
- Mom gets real about other parents scolding her kids: ‘Hey, we don’t do…
- 7 essentials that’ll make your summer picnics Pinterest-worthy
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!