Food 101: These mini avocado and hummus quesadillas make for the perfect party appetizer
When it comes to an all-around great get-together, there are a few elements that come into play. Good friends, good music, great drinks and last but not least -- even greater food! So, if you're gearing up for a holiday party before the year is up and have already begun thinking about what delicious eats to you want to make -- we've got your back.
There's no denying that appetizers are a traditional party food and let's face it, does anything actually beat finger food? (NO). So, today we're showing you how to make one of our new favorite appetizers which can also double as an actual meal if you'd like. But before we get into we just have 2 questions -- do you love avocado? And do you love hummus? If the answer to both of these is "YES," then you're going to adore what we've got for you.
SEE ALSO: This peppermint fudge recipe makes for the perfect holiday dessert
Say hello to the mini avocado and hummus quesadilla!
Not only is this recipe painfully mouthwatering, but it's super simply to make -- with a mere 20 minutes cooking time. Love what you're hearing and dying to make it? Get the recipe below!
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- ¼ cup hummus
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp minced cilantro
- ½ California avocado, cut into 12 slices
- 1 ½ oz. crumbled queso fresco
- Using a 2½-inch circle cookie cutter, cut 3 circles from each tortilla.
- Stir together the hummus, cumin and cilantro in a small bowl.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of the hummus mixture on each tortilla circle.
- Divide the avocado slices and queso fresco evenly between the quesadillas, arranging them on one half of the tortilla circles.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place several quesadillas in the pan and cook until the tortillas are golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Repeat and serve.
Click through below for more quick and easy appetizers:
More delicious food:
The PieLogen is half pie, half cheesecake and it's absolutely glorious!
This peppermint fudge recipe makes for the perfect holiday dessert
10 important things you should know before going vegan