Is your Christmas tree making you sick?
By Weather Channel staff
While it's the season to be jolly, it also could be a season for sneezing.
That's because your Christmas tree might be giving you an allergic reaction.
SEE ALSO: Remember Bernard the Elf from 'The Santa Clause'? See what he looks like all grown up!
Molds found in the needles and trunks of christmas trees can grow when brought into a warm home. The molds release spores that can cause allergic reactions and hay fever.
You could also have an allergic reaction from pollen that collects in a tree's bark.
An artificial tree is no solution, though. It might collect dust, especially if you store it in the attic.
So, what's the solution? You don't have to let the Grinch take your tree.
Experts suggest hosing your tree off before taking it inside and then using an air purifier.
Take a peek at our gift guide for Christmas tree ornaments:
More on AOL.com:
History behind Christmas traditions explained
Americans are spending this much on Christmas gifts
Starbucks polar bear cookies stir up controversy, but they're actually old news