Holidays are a time to get together and celebrate what's important. But let's be honest, they can be a little boring.
Luckily, pop culture has given us alternative holidays that are a little more exciting:
1. A Slapsgiving to Be Thankful For
This may be one holiday you don't want to try at home. But in "How I Met Your Mother," the gang meets at Marshall and Lily's house to celebrate Thanksgiving. Leading up to the big day, Barney and Marshall are deep in a slap battle, which Marshall plans to end on Turkey Day.
Serving as Slap Bet Commissoner, Lily temporarily puts a stop to the game. But when Barney pushes her over the edge, she lifts the ban and — bam — "Slapsgiving" is born.
2. A Festivus for the Rest of Us
In "Seinfeld," George's dad reminds us not everyone celebrates Christmas by inventing Festivus. After word gets out about holiday, Elaine, Jerry and Kramer spend their time embarrassing George about it.
It all begins with an aluminum pole, which remains undecorated for Festivus, the most no-frills holiday of them all. Right after dinner is the traditional Airing of Grievances. But in some way, isn't that what all family holidays are about?
3. And A Chrismukkah to Bring Us All Together
Then there's the greatest mega-holiday of them all: Chrismukkah! In "The OC," Seth Cohen combines Christmas and Hanukkah to form the ultimate joint holiday that's sweeping the nation.
Seth envisioned the holiday as "eight days of presents, followed by one day of many presents."
Sure, there were some ups and downs, including "the Chrismukkah that almost wasn't," but in the end, holiday cheer was had by all. Just thinking about it makes us feel all festive!
But no matter how you celebrate, here's hoping for a wonderful holiday season for all.
More holidays on AOL.com:
10 cookies to move to the top of your list
Gift guide to gifts that give back
What's trending by state this holiday season
- Your Best Refinance Rates for January 2022
- Mortgage Payoff Tactic Eliminates 15 Years of Payments
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Create a bougie spa bathroom on a budget with these affordable Amaz…
- This CBD body balm feels like a mini spa treatment — it can soothe sor…
- Toddler escapes crib with the help of his older siblings: ‘When did th…
- Latest mortgage news: Rates retreat a bit
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise