Ronda Rousey is down, but won't be out for long.
According to UFC president Dana White, Rousey and Holly Holm will face off in a rematch some time in 2016 -- possibly as early as July.
SEE ALSO: espnW exclusive: Rousey says she's down, but not out
White has reportedly informed Holm that her next fight will come against Rousey, whether she likes it or not. Holm became a nationwide celebrity when she took Rousey down via knockout in November, leaving her with several serious facial injuries.
%shareLinks-quote="I'm not sure Ronda will be ready for a July fight. She took a severe beating and I don't think it's in her best interest to take the next fight so fast. They told me she's been ready and cleared, but ... ." type="quote" author="Lenny Fresquez" authordesc="Holly Holm's manager" isquoteoftheday="false"%
White made sure to express that he wasn't concerned with Fresquez's opinion.
"Ronda's never lost a fight," White said. "She will overcome it and be back."
July 9 is the reported target date for the fight in the new Las Vegas arena.
"She got clipped, stayed in there and tried to fight through it. She told me she was in there, she was rocked, and she'd never been rocked like that before. And the things that were going on in her head – what she was doing – she'd never been in that situation."
See photos of Ronda Rousey over the years:
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- 5 light sweaters under $50 to transition your wardrobe from summer …
- In-laws are guilting pregnant mom and husband into making a 7-hour tri…
- Amazon shoppers rave about these TSA-approved travel containers that a…
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate edges up again
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!