Warning to all you caffeine addicts out there, excessively consuming energy drinks could cause serious consequences.
SEE ALSO: Single guy hilariously recreates twin sister's family photos with a cat
28-year-old Martin Bowling from the UK became so "mentally addicted" to energy drinks that he was spending £75 ($113.68) a week on the dangerous habit. What's even worse? This wasn't a one week bender kind of thing...this went on for seven years.
Well, the addiction finally caught up to Bowling recently, when he collapsed at a local pub after consuming eight energy drinks that night.%shareLinks-quote="I feel lucky and extremely thankful to be alive. There were no warning signs. I don't even know if it hurt...I just remember hitting the floor and waking up in hospital. Now I see those drinks as death in a can." type="quote" author="Martin Bowling" authordesc="UK Daily Sun" isquoteoftheday="false"%According to the UK Daily Mail, Bowling woke up in a hospital bed and was told he had suffered a cardiac arrest due to the extremely high caffeine levels in his bloodstream.
What's even more surprising? Bowling says, "Even when doctors told me high caffeine levels were the cause, I still wanted a can. It was ridiculous."
While you may be thinking that you're never going to get to the point of seven energy drinks per day, just be mindful of your overall caffeine consumption — it can really catch up to you!
6 ways to stay energized without caffeine or sugar
More from AOL.com:
What this couple did instead of an elaborate wedding will make you jealous
Woman destroys husband's car after catching him with another woman
Watch people react to being called beautiful in high schooler's inspiring video
The Latest from our Partners
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Mortgage rates drop once again, remaining below 3%
- Refi with no hidden fees/points - as low as 2.125% APR (15yr)
- Do this before your next mortgage payment (it's genius)
- Spoil your Valentine with sweets from Dylan’s Candy Bar
- Upgrade your top drawer with Free People’s pretty — and affordable! — …
- Here’s how to send the ‘love fern’ from ‘How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days’…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Two Savings Accounts That Pay 10x What Your Bank Pays
- CD Rates Skyrocket
- What Most Americans Don't Realize About Car Insurance