Food 101: This peppermint fudge recipe makes for the perfect holiday dessert
Thanksgiving may be over, but there's another deliciously jolly holiday on the way and it's time to start getting ready. In case you didn't get the hint, we're talking about Christmas, of course! If there's one thing we love about this holiday (besides the gifts and family time) it's all the yummy desserts.
But we have to say, out of all the scrumptious sweet treat recipes we've seen this year, one in particular takes the cake. Two words: Peppermint. Fudge. That's right -- you can actually combine two of the most holiday-esque treats in this world to make one, super fantastic dessert miracle!
SEE ALSO: These old-fashioned desserts will take you back to a sweeter time
So, in honor of the season of holiday cheer, we wanted to show you exactly how to make this unbelievably perfect treat. And FYI, if you're a fan of either chocolate or peppermint -- you won't be able to stop eating this stuff! Take a look below for the recipe.
- 14 ounce sweeten condensed milk
- 12 ounce bag semi sweet chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup white chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup crushed candy cane
- Pour milk and chocolate chips into microwavable bowl
- Cook in microwave for 1 minute
- Microwave for an additional 1 minute, stirring after every 15 seconds until smooth
- Pour and smooth out into 9X9 pan lined with parchment paper
- Melt white chocolate chips over double boiler
- Spoon onto fudge and swirl into bottom layer
- Top with crushed candy cane
- Allow to set in refrigerator for 1 hour or until ready to serve.
More sweet treats:
These old-fashioned desserts will take you back to a sweeter time
You can now make delicious cookies of your own face with these awesomely unique cookie cutters
The best sundae hacks for ice cream lovers everywhere