Grammy nominations were announced this morning (Dec. 7), and among many highlights -- Kendrick! Taylor! -- there were of course several perceived snubs that disappointed fans.
Some of the most egregious below.
1. For pop fans, one of the standout albums of the year was Carly Rae Jepsen's Emotion, which boasted stellar tracks such as "Run Away With Me" and "Warm Blood." Alas, Jepsen's work was totally shut out.
2. Elsewhere in the pop realm, while not exactly surprising, last year's One Direction offering Four wasn't nominated. (For the record: Grammy eligibility dates for the year made One Direction's recent Made in the A.M. as well as Justin Bieber's Purpose not eligible.)
3. In the rap categories, Future and his DS2 album weren't nominated.
4. Ditto Sleater-Kinney in alternative.
5. Lana Del Rey's Honeymoon, her fourth album, was completely shut out (although she did receive a nod as a featured artist for The Weeknd's album), a surprise for this critically acclaimed artist. She previously received a best pop vocal album nod for Paradise and best song written for visual media nomination for "Young and Beautiful."
7. Fetty Wap dominated radio this year, but somehow didn't receive a best new artist nod. Happily, he wasn't totally shut out: "Trap Queen" received nods for best rap performance and best rap song.
8. Halsey -- who most recently made headlines for selling out Madison Square Garden -- was shut out for her critically acclaimed album Badlands.
9. On the Latin side, there were a string of surprises, including lack of album nods for Cama Incendiada by Mana, Ricardo Arjona's Viaje, Don Omar's Last Don II, Gerardo Ortiz's Hoy mas fuerte andJulion Alvarez's Soy lo que quiero-indispensable.
10. Nicki Minaj and Beyonce's stellar collaboration "Feeling Myself" failed to receive a nom for best rap collaboration. Minaj was nominated in this category for "Only"; The Pinkprint received a best rap album nomination.
What snubs stuck out to you?
Leila Cobo, Joe Lynch, Chris Payne and Adelle Platon contributed to this report.
PHOTOS: See the 2015 Grammy Award Red Carpet