Eating the right foods can help protect you from the winter sniffles!
1. Just one cup of cooked spinach offers 377% of your daily Vitamin A recommendation. Vitamin A helps your skin repel bacteria and viruses.
SEE ALSO: 14 foods to consider buying organic
2. Mushrooms are rich in selenium, and studies have shown people who are low on selenium are more likely to catch a severe flu.
3. Skip the probiotics and eat yogurt instead. The University of Vienna found 7 ounces of yogurt per day (less than one cup!) is just as effective as popping probiotic pills.
4. A warm cup of green tea is not only comforting on a cold day, it's also an antioxidant powerhouse, giving you the immunity boost you need!
5. Citrus fruits are a go-to for vitamin C. While most people take vitamin C after they've caught a cold, eating citrus before getting sick keeps the immune system in shape.
6. Shellfish can help boost the body's virus-fighting white blood cells. Try some clam chowder or oysters on the half shell!
More from AOL.com:
The trick to easily peel hard-boiled eggs
10 ways to use up mushy bananas (that aren't banana bread)
7 ways to roast a chicken
RELATED: Check out these healthy snacks
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Hilarious Kid Answers To Test Questions
- These Cake Messages Are Wrong In So Many Ways
- These Pregnancy Announcements Are Brilliantly Hilarious
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Your Best Refinance Rates for April 2021
- Thank You For Your Service: $0 Down Payment on VA Loans
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…