Researchers have found the minimum amount of running you need to do to improve your health.
Running for about 50 minutes per week, or around 6 miles, helps protect from high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, strokes, certain cancers and arthritis.
SEE ALSO: The truth behind that constant ringing in your ears and what you can do about it
It gets better. There's also such a thing as running too much.
Running for more than an hour each day could increase your risk of heart problems.
Although, if you're running to lose weight, you won't burn too many calories by doing the minimum amount.
That logic is still the same -- the more you run, the more calories you burn.
The Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion recommends 150 minutes of physical activity or 75 minutes of rigorous activity each week.
More on AOL.com:
Silent epidemic: Seniors and addiction
Do you believe in life after love? Real people tell the struggles of post-divorce dating
The easiest and best way to remove armpit stains from your clothes
- Create a bougie spa bathroom on a budget with these affordable Amaz…
- This CBD body balm feels like a mini spa treatment — it can soothe sor…
- Toddler escapes crib with the help of his older siblings: ‘When did th…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Hilarious Kid Answers To Test Questions
- These Cake Messages Are Wrong In So Many Ways
- These Pregnancy Announcements Are Brilliantly Hilarious
- Your Best Refinance Rates for January 2022
- Mortgage Payoff Tactic Eliminates 15 Years of Payments
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Latest mortgage news: Rates retreat a bit
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise