The Golden State Warriors are amazing. But while they've been casually dominating the league over the first five weeks, some other cool storylines have developed, too.
Sure, the Cavaliers have held the top spot in the East through much of the year, but the rest of the conference has actually held its own -- unlike in years past. Ten of the 15 teams sit above .500 enter play on Dec. 3, including the Indiana Pacers, who at 12-5, have reestablished themselves as a legit factor in the East.
SEE ALSO: 20 biggest sports scandals of all time
Paul George's return to stardom has been the primary catalyst -- and it's been really fun to watch. George is averaging career highs in points (27.4), assists (4.4) and rebounds (8.2). Over his last four games, he's averaged 35.8 points on 50.6 percent shooting, including 56.8 percent from three-point range.
Indy's start has been encouraging, but how high does it put them in this week's edition of our power rankings? Click through the gallery above to find out, and watch the video below to learn more about one of Indiana's x-factors.
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Get Funds For Your Future With A Reverse Mortgage
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Nikki and Brie Bella share their must-have mom gear ahead of Mother…
- There are so many cute tie-dye joggers on sale for cheap at Nordstrom …
- These geometric wine glasses will make even Trader Joe’s wine feel fan…
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!