On the night that was initially intended to honor Stephen Curry's dad, the spotlights wound up turning right back onto the Golden State Warriors.
Dell Curry Night at Time Warner Cable Arena was a tribute to the first Charlotte Hornet ever, and current team broadcaster for Fox Sports in the Carolinas. But, predictably, it was only a matter of time before the younger Curry and the undefeated Warriors stole the show. Curry upped his scoring average by putting up 40 on his hometown team, shooting 14-of-18 and making eight of his 11 three-pointers.
Even his own teammates don't bother going for offensive boards. They know almost everything is falling anyway.
Seriously. At this point, it just doesn't make much sense.
Of course, it helped that Kemba Walker, Nic Batum and Jeremy Lamb combined to shoot 13-of-45. Golden State now moved to sixth on the defensive efficiency ranking, to go along with their first-ranked offense.
Klay Thompson contributed with 21 points, while Draymond Green grabbed 11 boards and logged nine assists. The Warriors are some kind of machine, and at this point, it doesn't seem likely that they can be stopped any time soon.
More from AOL.com:
LeBron James shared a fantastic memory about Kobe Bryant's insane competitiveness
Jahlil Okafor gets in second street fight in Boston
'Puck Talk' podcast: Hot topics from around the NHL
The Latest from our Partners
- Refinance rates at 2.125% APR (15yr). Calculate your rate now
- A simple way to pay off your house ASAP
- Experts urge Americans to refinance in 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Amazon shoppers love this device that lets you make fries, boil pas…
- Sur La Table just discounted tons of best-selling kitchen items — they…
- Amazon’s best-selling exercise machine will help you do perfect squats…
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Two Savings Accounts That Pay 10x What Your Bank Pays
- CD Rates Skyrocket
- What Most Americans Don't Realize About Car Insurance