7 holiday gift ideas for movie buffs
Can't figure out what to get your favorite film buff for the holidays? Don't worry, we have you covered with fun picks for movie fanatics from cool books to useful subscriptions.
1. Movie Streaming Subscription: Sure it's an obvious choice, but if your movie fan doesn't have a Netflix, Amazon Prime or Hulu account, you might want to look into hooking them up with one. The streaming services give fans a chance to catch up on flicks they haven't seen or oldies they may have missed.
Old Navy Star Wars Shirts: For gents counting down to the release of "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" on Dec. 18, you might want to snag a couple Star Wars memorabilia tees from Old Navy. The T-shirts feature nostalgic images from storm troopers to the iconic Star Wars logo.
2. "Harry Potter The Character Vault" book: The 208-page book chronicles every single character from the hit film franchise and also has sketches and photos of their costumes, wands, brooms, makeup and props. For Potter fanatics, you can't get a more perfect book especially if they want a behind-the-scenes look at how each character came together on the silver screen.
4. Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase 2 Collection Box Set: Who isn't a fan of Tony Stark and Captain America? This limited-edition box set is filled to the brim with Marvel memorabilia from a prop replica of the Morag Orb to copies of "Iron Man 3," "Thor: The Dark World," "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" and more. The package includes eight items total and hits shelves Dec. 8.
5. Snoopy Havaianas Sandals: Snoopy snuck back into our hearts this holiday season with the release of the new "The Peanuts Movie," and any fans of the adorable dog and his pal Charlie Brown might like a set of Havaianas sandals with sweet Snoopy prints. Our personal favorite was the men's set with the loveable duo on each sandal.
6. Movie Tickets: What movie lover doesn't enjoy heading to the big screen? Pick up a gift certificate from retailers like AMC, Century or Fandango or buy gift cards to those retailers on Amazon and let your movie fan pick a film they want to see.
7. Star Wars CoverGirl Lipsticks: Beauty buffs and movie fans can mutually appreciate this collection from CoverGirl, which has out-of-this-world shades like deep purple and silver.