20 things to do before 2016
For many of us, this time of year means a great deal of rushing to finish work and unending shopping trips despite the holiday cheer. Today I'm sharing my top 20 things to do before 2015 concludes to help you get organized for the next few weeks. Take a breath, relax, and read on:
1. Catch up with a friend. Reminisce on old memories & make new ones.
2. Thank someone. For anything. This shouldn't start/end with Thanksgiving.
3. Pick up a new book. I'll admit I'm not the best with this, but upcoming travel plans will make that change!
4. Make that Black Friday return before it's too late. I unknowingly bought two almost identical tops.
5. Get a head start on holiday gift shopping.
6. But save some money too. Start cooking more. Take the subway. You don't need another pair of black booties.
7. Explore. Near or far. Take some time away from everyday life.
8. Plan ahead. Whether it's for an upcoming trip or school semester, don't wait until the last minute.
9. Indulge in a good meal. Because it's the holiday season, right?
10. Then work it off. The resolution that everyone states, but no one follows. Guilty again.
11. Acquire a new skill. Before a new year starts, take that class you've been meaning to attend since 2013.
12. Venture out alone. To a museum, or to lunch. I just recently learned the value of one's own company.
13. Create a holiday playlist. Michael Bublé's album is still at the top of mine.
14. Decorate. Even if it's not for the holidays. A little room upgrade can make all the difference in your day.
15. Don't wait to buy your New Year's dress. Or you'll be stuck scouring Forever 21 for the least tacky one on December 31.
16. Donate some clothes. Chances are you stocked up this past weekend. Clear out your closet with holiday spirit!
17. Spend a day in bed. You deserve it.
18. But don't forget the hustle. That to-do list isn't getting any shorter. But it will pay off in the end.
19. Reflect. How was your 2015?
20. Get excited. 2016 is less than a month away. New year, new beginnings!
See more from Looks By Lau:
How to take your travel outfit (and hair) from day to night
Dress up, because you can
Freshen up your wardrobe without breaking the bank