Sometimes we are reminded that some things we use every day may not be so good for us -- but before you start panicking, let's look at the facts.
The first are canned food and plastic containers. These products can contain BPA, and there's concern it can cause cancer, but nothing concrete proves that.
SEE ALSO: Science shows just how unsanitary double dipping is
Although, the Food and Drug Administration maintains that low BPA levels are safe in food, and it's been in use since the 1960s.
"It may be okay to carry food in every once in a while, but don't ever put it in microwave. When you heat it up that's when the toxin can get into your food," said Dr. David Samadi regarding plastic containers on Fox News.
Next on the list: those convenient non-stick pans. The lining can chip off into your food. Yum ... ?
To avoid this, you might consider using a cast-iron skillet and a natural, non-stick spray.
So, now that you're questioning how to store and prepare your food, let's move on to stuff that smells good.
Air fresheners are also potentially dangerous because they may contain phthalates, a chemical that can cause problems with the reproductive system.
Phthalates also show up in a lot of cleaning products, so Dr. David Samadi, an analyst for Fox News, recommends checking labels and using something like baking soda or borax when possible.
For those of you who like to keep your nails pretty, this last one is kind of a bummer: nail polish.
It can contain formaldehyde, a known carcinogen and toluene, which can affect the central nervous and reproductive systems.
Now, you may not want to throw away all your containers, cookware and mani/pedi packs. Some research is still up in the air -- and there are lines of all of these products that don't have those chemicals.
More on AOL.com:
Most popular baby names of 2015: Sophia, Jackson top Instagram-inspired list
Foods that negatively affect your sleep
The 14 foods to consider buying organic
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Hilarious Kid Answers To Test Questions
- These Cake Messages Are Wrong In So Many Ways
- These Pregnancy Announcements Are Brilliantly Hilarious
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- You've got thousands of reasons to refinance ($$$)
- Mortgage payoff tactic eliminates 15 years of payments
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…