Sometimes we are reminded that some things we use every day may not be so good for us -- but before you start panicking, let's look at the facts.
The first are canned food and plastic containers. These products can contain BPA, and there's concern it can cause cancer, but nothing concrete proves that.
SEE ALSO: Science shows just how unsanitary double dipping is
Although, the Food and Drug Administration maintains that low BPA levels are safe in food, and it's been in use since the 1960s.
"It may be okay to carry food in every once in a while, but don't ever put it in microwave. When you heat it up that's when the toxin can get into your food," said Dr. David Samadi regarding plastic containers on Fox News.
Next on the list: those convenient non-stick pans. The lining can chip off into your food. Yum ... ?
To avoid this, you might consider using a cast-iron skillet and a natural, non-stick spray.
So, now that you're questioning how to store and prepare your food, let's move on to stuff that smells good.
Air fresheners are also potentially dangerous because they may contain phthalates, a chemical that can cause problems with the reproductive system.
Phthalates also show up in a lot of cleaning products, so Dr. David Samadi, an analyst for Fox News, recommends checking labels and using something like baking soda or borax when possible.
For those of you who like to keep your nails pretty, this last one is kind of a bummer: nail polish.
It can contain formaldehyde, a known carcinogen and toluene, which can affect the central nervous and reproductive systems.
Now, you may not want to throw away all your containers, cookware and mani/pedi packs. Some research is still up in the air -- and there are lines of all of these products that don't have those chemicals.
More on AOL.com:
Most popular baby names of 2015: Sophia, Jackson top Instagram-inspired list
Foods that negatively affect your sleep
The 14 foods to consider buying organic
- Sleepy French bulldog throws temper tantrum when mom says he needs …
- Nordstrom’s 4th of July sale is on — Here are over 25 of the best deal…
- Pack these 5 summer sandwiches in your picnic basket
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Hilarious Kid Answers To Test Questions
- These Cake Messages Are Wrong In So Many Ways
- These Pregnancy Announcements Are Brilliantly Hilarious
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Best Refinance Rates for Summer
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Latest mortgage news: Rates close in on 6%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise