When it comes to holiday traditions, there are a few things that come to mind -- trick or treating on Halloween, turkey on Thanksgiving and eggnog on Christmas -- plus Mariah Carey's famous Christmas album, of course! There are so many things we absolutely adore about the holidays, and these traditions (plus more) are some of them.
But just as holiday traditions in each family vary, traditions in different places far and wide vary as well. For many Australians, Christmas morning means a breakfast of ham and eggs, then attending church. In Chile, families begin praying 9 days before the actual day of Christmas. We have to say -- learning more and more about holiday traditions around the world has made us extremely interested in what else they do differently over the holidays.
So, we decided to focus on one important holiday in particular, and one important item in particular -- Christmas and food, of course. Take a look at the slideshow above for what foods different countries around the world make to celebrate Christmas each year. Warning: Drooling may occur!
Watch below for more popular foods from around the world:
More yummy eats on AOL.com:
10 vegan dishes that will completely change the game
These old-fashioned desserts will take you back to a sweeter time
The craziest fast food items from around the world
See All Recipes
The Latest from our Partners
- Amazon’s smallest indoor smart security camera is only $35
- The turtleneck sweater with more than 10,000 Amazon reviews is finally…
- The Men’s Edit: 6 best sweatpants, according to reviewers — as low as …
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Mortgage rates drop once again, remaining below 3%
- Refi with no hidden fees/points - as low as 2.125% APR (15yr)
- Do this before your next mortgage payment (it's genius)
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…