Ex-Millis cop accused of fake bomb threat, shootout found dead in home
BOSTON (WCVB)— A former Millis police officer accused of making up a story about being shot at by an unknown gunman and making a false bomb threat was found dead in his home Thursday morning.
State police and the Norfolk County District Attorney's Office were called to Bryan Johnson's home around 3:30 a.m.
Authorities said he was pronounced dead at the scene. Investigators said he was found by another resident of the home.
No signs of foul play were found at the scene and the district attorney's office said his death is not being investigated as a homicide.
Johnson, 24, of Millis, was indicted last week on new charges stemming from a false bomb threat at Millis High School the same day Johnson is alleged to have staged a shootout with a non-existent motorist.
More from AOL.com:
Russian crackdown on Muslims fuels exodus to Islamic State
Tunisia explosion death toll rises to 13
Russian pilot rescued by Syrian commando unit