We're a month into the NBA season, and the standings are beginning to take shape.
There are certainly a fair share of surprises -- like the Houston Rockets, a few months removed from a Western Conference Finals appearance, firing coach Kevin McHale and currently sitting at 5-9, their worst 14-game start since 2010-11. After a 17-win season last year, the New York Knicks and rookie sensation Kristaps Porzingis are impressing the NBA world, sitting above .500 after 17 games.
The Golden State Warriors faced some unfair skepticism entering the season, but any fan who claims to have predicted their current success is more than likely a liar.
At 16-0, Golden State is following up their championship campaign with the NBA's best start ever. They've cemented themselves as the class of the league. The question that remains: Who's their biggest threat in the West.
In this week's edition of our rankings, we try to figure that out.
Click through the gallery above to see how we see things, and tweet us at @AOLSports with your answer to this question: Is it time to cross the Rockets off the list of contenders?
See Steph Curry's reaction to breaking the NBA record for best start to a season:
- $400K Refi in this Economy? 2.0% APR (15 yr)
- Experts Urge Americans to Refinance in 2021
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Remi Bader reflects on her year of unexpected growth
- This timeless best-selling tote bag is on sale for $13 on Amazon
- 7 breezy jumpsuits to wear to that summer wedding instead of a dress
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!