A child in Houston, Texas is dead after authorities say the 19-month-old girl was placed in the oven by the baby's older siblings while being left home alone by the mother.
Local authorities believe the incident occurred when mother Raquel Thompson left her four children home alone on Monday night, Nov. 16. The mother told officers that she and her boyfriend left the children at home while they picked up pizza and a prescription the night of the horrifying incident.
All four children were under the age of four.
Two of the children, both only three-years-old, told investigators that one of them put 19-month-old J'Zyra Thompson in the oven while the other one turned it on to "hot".
According to court records, the children told Child Protective Services workers that the baby was kicking the oven door while inside.
%shareLinks-quote="Even though Thompson tried to revive the baby with CPR when she came home, it was too late. J'Zyra Thompson tragically burned to death in the home." type="spreadWord"%
Documents obtained by KTRK allude to a number of issues that concerned CPS about Thompson and her boyfriend. The mother told officials she frequently left her children alone to drop her boyfriend off. Case workers also said that the couple often left the children alone without telling anyone, including the grandmother who lived in the same apartment complex as the family.
CPS concluded that the three surviving children have no suitable relatives who can care for them. They are currently being housed in foster care. The mother, who is currently pregnant with her boyfriend's child, also has another child who lives with his father.
Although no criminal charges have been filed against Thompson or her boyfriend, CPS workers told KTRK charges are expected in the near future.
RELATED: Florida Toddler Burned in Oven Explosion
- Latest mortgage news: Rates jump to their highest since March 2020
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Your Best Refinance Rates for January 2022
- Mortgage Payoff Tactic Eliminates 15 Years of Payments
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- This top-rated therapy light used to treat seasonal depression is o…
- 10 affordable Anthropologie gold mirror dupes that are just as stunnin…
- This gorgeous Kate Spade purse is over $130 off at the most unlikely r…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!