Officials in Eureka, California, are scrambling to find a red panda that has escaped from her enclosed home at the Sequoia Park Zoo on Thursday.
One of the first indications that Masala was missing was reportedly when, according to the zoo manager, Gretchen Ziegler, "Someone in the community [said] that they saw a red panda in their neighborhood."
The wooded area behind the park seems to be the last place she was spotted.
Ziegler also told the North Coast Journal, "We have no idea how she got over the fence. It's contained red pandas since it was built. Animals can do things you can't imagine. We're going to try to figure it out."
The City of Eureka has since posted a notice on its Facebook page, saying, "The panda is NOT a danger to humans, but Zoo staff are concerned about the panda's safety."
She has been raised in the park since the July 9th birth of her and her twin sister last year.
It has been advised that anyone who sees Masala avoid contact and, instead, call the zoo or the Eureka Police Department.
More from AOL.com:
Facebook CEO Zuckerberg to take two months of paternity leave
Brussels metro shut as Belgian capital put on maximum alert
As winter approaches, people feel the onset of seasonal affective disorder
- Your Best Refinance Rates for January 2022
- Mortgage Payoff Tactic Eliminates 15 Years of Payments
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Latest mortgage news: Rates jump to their highest since April 2020
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- This weekend only, leggings are buy one get one free at Yummie
- Cozy tea recipes that are peak winter aesthetic
- 5 pistachio recipes where they’re the star ingredient
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap