For the first time, the Summit County Animal Control center in Akron, Ohio was utterly silent as they were animal free.
All 93 cats and dogs were adopted out within the first 90 minutes of the shelter's 6th annual adopt-a-thon on Saturday, according to ABC News. This was the very first time the shelter managed to find a loving home for each of their animals.
SEE ALSO: Here's the reason dogs tilt their heads when we speak
Director Christine Fatheree said that people were definitely excited about this year's adopt-a-thon, as many people seeking to adopt were in line at 6:30 AM, for a 10 AM start time. People even brought lawn chairs to make themselves comfortable, and by the time the doors opened, the line was 300 people long.
Fatheree credits the hardworking volunteers and staff at the animal shelter, along with social media, for this year's success.
%shareLinks-quote="People were coming from pretty far away and I asked them how they knew about the event. Of course it was social media." type="quote" author="Christine Fatheree" authordesc="Director, Summit County Animal Control center" isquoteoftheday="false"%
While all the dogs and cats were adopted by loving families, one elderly couple was not able to adopt, but made a heartwarming contribution to the shelter, sponsoring the adoption of 50 animals.
Fatheree has had her position at the shelter for the past 12 years and loves every second of it.
%shareLinks-quote="It's not like other jobs where things can be put off. These animals can't wait. They need homes. To know I was a part of this, it is such a good feeling." type="quote" author="Christine Fatheree" authordesc="Director, Summit County Animal Control center" isquoteoftheday="false"%
Live in Mississippi and looking to adopt? A shelter recently burned down and needs to find forever homes for their animals!
- Your Best Refinance Rates for January 2022
- Mortgage Payoff Tactic Eliminates 15 Years of Payments
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Latest mortgage news: Rates retreat a bit
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Bathroom dangers and how parents can spot them: ‘Young children are…
- Woman says there’s ‘no way’ she’s pregnant, then gets the surprise of …
- Got leftover wine? Here’s what you can make with it
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap