Celebrate the holidays with your very own homemade eggnog recipe
Nothing quite screams HOLIDAY GOODIES like a good ol' fashion glass of eggnog! Something about the sweet and savory flavor makes us feel like eggnog is basically all we need in life. On top of that, it's the perfect light yet filling drink for those cozy nights in.
In order to help you gear up for the holidays, we've decided to help you make the best eggnog recipe possible! After all, what is Thanksgiving (and especially Christmas) without a nice tall glass of this delicious stuff?
Check out the video above to learn how to make your own eggnog recipe, as well as the step-by-step instructions below.
- 4 cups milk
- 5 whole cloves
- 2 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups light rum
- 4 cups light cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine milk, cloves, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and cinnamon in a saucepan, and heat over lowest setting for 5 minutes.
- Slowly bring milk mixture to a boil.
- In a large bowl, combine egg yolks and sugar.
- Whisk together until fluffy and whisk hot milk mixture slowly into the eggs.
- Pour mixture into saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 3 minutes, or until thick. (Do not allow mixture to boil)
- Strain to remove cloves, and let cool for about an hour. Stir in rum, cream, 2 teaspoon vanilla, and nutmeg.
- Refrigerate overnight before serving.
Click through below for more warm fall drinks:
More on AOL.com:
Low-key destinations for the perfect November escape
Vacation to the actual locations that inspired the world's most historic scary movies
Beautiful essential places you need to see at least once during the fall